This position reports into the Unit Manager of Analysis and Testing.
Key duties for this position include the following:
- Conduct hazard assessments, develop job safety analyses for all work performed. Develop standard operating procedures where needed
- Analyze samples using either light microscopy, SEM/EDX, AFM, Optical Profilometry or other techniques
- Plan, conduct, and document experimental work that meets the data and information needs of our customers
- Function in either a team setting or as an individual analyst
- Summarize and interpret experimental data to arrive at and communicate facts and data-based results and conclusions.
- Work productively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team setting to meet new product development and technical support project objectives. Interface productively with co-workers and customers.
- Proven capability to work safely in a commercial laboratory. Highly focused on personal and team safety; proactive in ensuring that all work is conducted in a safe manner.
- 5+ years’ experience in a laboratory setting
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or chemistry (or other technical discipline with broad knowledge of microscopy and laboratory techniques)
- A working knowledge of kraft fluff pulp operations. Able to work safely with kraft pulping and bleaching chemicals and other chemicals commonly used in the pulp & paper industry.
- Ability to work productively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to analyze, summarize and communicate technical data using MS Office software.
- Excellent planning, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Be able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, stand or work up to 8 hours at a time or 10-13 hours when necessary
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship