Horizon is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist to support research activities for drugs that target dysregulation of the immune system in autoimmune and chronic inflammatory conditions. This person will lead pre-clinical programs and help build a growing pipeline at Horizon. They will independently generate data to support advancing programs to IND filing. This position requires effectively working with academic collaborators, partners, and CROs to advance project goals. The Scientist will be proposing and evaluating novel drug targets working with multidisciplinary teams across Horizon. The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, innovative, a team player, have proven leadership skills, and must be able to work independently.
- Support research strategies to build a pioneering pre-clinical pipeline.
- Lead research efforts for target identification and support milestone advancement of new targets.
- Contribute to business development strategies regarding innovative drugs and novel technologies.
- Analyze and interpret data from preclinical studies
- Help oversee experimental design, planning, and execution for all aspects of preclinical R&D including, in vitro assays, cell-based assay, in vivo and ex vivo models of disease.
- Establish external collaborations with autoimmune focus to further research capabilities.
- Establish relationships and interact with key opinion leaders.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multifaceted research team.
- Represent Horizon at strategic external meetings through presentations and publications in high-impact scientific journals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of immunological pathways and inflammation required.
- In-depth knowledge of innate immunity and myeloid cell biology is required.
- Previous experience working with project development teams desired.
- Previous experience working on translational aspects of drug development is a plus.
- Industrial experience with an in-depth understanding of drug discovery is highly desired.
- Clear and effective presentation skills are required.
- The candidate will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong publication record.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PhD with postdoctoral training plus either 5-7 years academic or 3-5 years Industry experience working in immunology or autoimmunity
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust