Job Title: Scientist - II (Associate)
Location: Kenilworth, NJ
Duration: 12 months
1. Experience in aseptic handling of Chinese hamster ovary cell cultures.
2. Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, laboratory experimentation and data analysis.
3. Demonstrated skills in cell culture media formulation preparation.
4. Strong organization skills and experience with statistical analysis software
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
6. Experience with the operations of fed-batch and perfusion processes
· Experience with the operations of high throughput cell culture systems
· Experience with operations of small scale and large scale bioreactors.
· Understanding of process scale-up and mass transfer
Education: Ph.D in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related Biological Sciences or a MS with a minimum of 2 years of experience in industry or academia.
· Cell Culture Process Development Scientist - The Biologics Process Development & Clinical Manufacturing (BPD&CM) Department is responsible to develop upstream and downstream processes supporting both early and late stage biologics, as well as transferring these processes within internal and external manufacturing networks.
· BPD&CM is seeking a highly motivated scientist to support the development of high-yielding and robust proprietary cell culture media to be utilized for the production of biopharmaceuticals at clinical and commercial scales.
· Responsibilities include support for cell culture media and feed optimization and development, and implementation of new proprietary media and feeds for GMP use.
Required skills are listed in order of importance.