• Work within the Molecular Genetics team on experimental design, execution, and research associate training in order to generate large-scale single cell transcriptome datasets.
• Work with Modeling, Analysis and Theory team to timely and iteratively analyze single cell data from the internal single cell transcriptomics pipeline and facilitate generation of cell type taxonomy.
• Design and execute validation and follow-up experiments to place the transcriptomics results in the neurobiological context.
• Write and publish manuscripts, grant progress reports and grant applications.
• Present work internally and externally at conferences.
• Evaluate new single cell RNA-seq platforms and techniques.
• Work with Electrophysiology and Neuroanatomy teams to facilitate data organization and integration in an effort to create multimodal neuronal taxonomy.
- Ph.D. in life sciences or computational biology (e.g., Neuroscience, Genomics, Genetics, or related field).
- Knowledgeable in genomic data generation from primary tissues (rodent handling, dissection, single cell collection, molecular biology, and next generation sequencing).
- Knowledgeable about developmental neurobiology and systems neurobiology
- Knowledgeable about RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and/or ChIP-seq data
- Proficiency in R and Linux shell scripting.
- 2+ years of experimental experience in genomic data generation from primary tissues (rodent handling, dissection, single cell collection, molecular biology, and next generation sequencing).
- 2+ years of experience working in a rodent model system studying a neurobiological problem in vivo (e.g., developmental neurobiology, systems neurobiology).
- 2+ years of computational experience working with RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and/or ChIP-seq data, preferably at the single cell level.
- Ability to develop, test, implement, and share new experimental and computational tools quickly, in an iterative manner, after feedback from experimental, data production, and analysis teams.
- Experience with additional programming languages (Perl, Python, Matlab) preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet aggressive timelines in a collaborative environment.