We are seeking a Scientist I-II/Senior Scientist (Bioanalytical) to join the Late Stage Analytical Development Group here at CRISPR Therapeutics, an exciting, fast growing, and well-financed company. The successful candidate will be a key driver to design, implement and validate key bioanalytical methods and assays in support of CRISPR therapeutics key programs. He or She will be an integral part of a team whose aim is to discover the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Assay development, qualification, and validation in support of existing and new programs at CRISPR Therapeutics.
- Perform research centered around DNA repair with the aims of developing next-generation gene editing strategies using CRISPR-based gene editing tools
- Perform research requiring molecular biology techniques including cloning, qPCR, NGS, RNA and DNA analysis, ddPCR and other plate-based assays
- Perform basic biochemistry processes and assays, including protein extraction, protein gel electrophoresis, western blots, and reagent preparation
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including cell culture, transfection, FACS, and cell-based assays
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- Perform duties as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Scientist-I PhD 0-2 years or MS 5-7 years
- Scientist-II PhD 3-5 years or MS 8-10 years
- Sr. Scientist- PhD 8+ years
- Hands-on experience with Flow Cytometry including sample preparation and data analysis
- Hands – on experience with bioanalytical assay development
- Good understanding of DNA repair and CRISPR-based editing in mammalian cells
- Must be a team player with critical thinking abilities and enthusiasm towards science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team, highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Support assay qualification and validation activities and interact with CMOs and other vendors, as required.
- Provide expertise on multiple techniques to support trouble shooting and enhancing of existing assays.
- Support analytical sections of regulatory filings for US, Europe, and ROW.
- Demonstrate success contributing to a multi-disciplinary team is a must
- Experience in use of statistical tools, such as JMP, DoE, Prism