San Diego, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 43 days ago
HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is expanding its IO in vitro Division. We're seeking a full-time Scientist I/ II to help advance HD Biosciences' immuno-oncology team to complete client-based projects and experiments.
• Perform and be in charge of complex in vitro Immuno- Oncology experiments
• Lead trouble-shooting and issue solving efforts to ensure successful delivery of client's projects
• Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external clients to promote a world-class service
• Accurately interpret experimental data, draw general conclusions, and communicate data internally and externally
• Routinely generates new ideas, systematically evaluates new technologies and implements those that add value
• May provide study-specific supervision and mentorship as appropriate (experimental and coaching)
• Create metrics, complete data analysis, study reports and presentations
• Maintain familiarity with current literature and trends
• Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
• Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
• Maybe required to work Overtime
• Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
• Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• May be required to assist in other departments
Experience / Education
• Master's degree with 4+ years of experience or PhD or advanced degree with 0-2 years of experience in the area of immune oncology or pharmaceutical related services
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• General knowledge in tumor immunology, cellular immunology, autoimmunity and high dimensional flow cytometry
• Interactive and collaborative approach; expert influence and conflict resolution skills are preferred
• Experience with in vitro pharmacology studies, e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, and RT-PCR, western blotting, ELISA, MSD, FACS in academic or industry laboratory environment
• Excellent oral and written commutation skills and presentation ability
• Must be detail-oriented, have strategic planning skills and capability to multi-task, ensuring that all tactical details are managed efficiently and effectively
• Experience in a CRO setting and ability to multi-task, manage customer projects, and customer interactions is preferred
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office and Graph Pad Prism
• Demonstrated experience leading teams and driving results
• Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines.
• Ability to work across teams by being a flexible team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
• Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals (List specific Chemicals)
• Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
• Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 10 lbs. routinely
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
• Ability to push/pull 10 lbs. routinely/ often / occasionally
• Clarity of Vision
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors
• Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
• Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
• Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
• Inside/outside working conditions