We seek a highly motivated individual to support the downstream process development needs for all programs at CytomX. The successful candidate will work as a bench Scientist I or II in the Process Sciences Department.
- Develop bench scale protein purification methods for clinical candidate lead molecules which include antibodies, bispecific antibodies and antibody drug conjugates
- Optimize methods and facilitate scale-up and tech transfer to CMO facilities for cGMP production
- Participate in process characterization activities to support development of commercial processes
- Apply scientific principles, current technologies, and personal experience to design and execute appropriate experiments to solve a given problem
- Guide junior staff in development work
- Independently evaluate literature to propose strategic ideas for purification process development
- Diligently document experimental work in notebooks, SOPs and reports
- Communicate results and propose scientifically based recommendations
- This position may require some travel
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related discipline with 0 – 7+ years of experience in the biotechnology or biopharma industry.
- BA, BS and/or MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related discipline plus 10+ years of applicable industry experience.
- Experience with developing a variety of chromatography techniques for protein purification is essential
- Experience with process scale-up and tech transfer to pilot scale and cGMP manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with tangential flow filtration techniques and direct flow filtration operations is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must be well organized, have a strong work ethic and be diligent in data documentation
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity
- Intellectually curious, enthusiastic, creative
- Adaptable and resilient with a problem-solving orientation
- Team-player comfortable in fast-moving, dynamic environments