We seek a highly motivated PhD level Synthetic Organic or Medicinal Chemist to join our growing Medicinal Chemistry Team. The primary focus of the role is design and synthesis of complex, hypothesis-driven molecules based on SAR and other relevant biological data to advance programs from natural product lead through clinical candidate nomination. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of and experience with modern synthetic strategies and purification / analytical techniques, combined with creativity and urgency to drive our mission forward. The role offers an opportunity to collaborate closely with our Natural Products team and other cross-functional parts of the research organization.
- Utilize modern synthetic strategies and medicinal chemistry principles to design and synthesize novel molecules based on natural product leads to advance project goals.
- Analyze SAR, crystallographic and other relevant biological data such as PK/PD, bioavailability, and cell permeability to design and progress new analogues from hit to lead through candidate nomination.
- Research current literature to formulate synthetic and medicinal chemistry strategies.
- Evaluate and implement new reactions, techniques, and technologies to advance the projects.
- Demonstrate scientific leadership within the project team and across departments.
- Collaborate with all the functions within the company to advance our science.
- Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
- Prepare and present experimental results, analysis, and plans in R&D meetings.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related field.
- Expert knowledge of current synthetic methods; familiarity with medicinal chemistry principles is a plus.
- Expertise in modern isolation, purification, and analytical techniques.
- Strong publication record demonstrating ability to conduct research projects independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to good laboratory and safety practices.
- Excellent written, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate progress effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Spirit of collaborative research and sense of urgency to enable success in a team environment.
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, and be inspired by our mission to bring first-in-class medicines to patients who need them.