Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are seeking a talented Scientist to join our Genomics team. In this role you would leverage a range of next generation sequencing assays to drive biological research and development activities and to support our translational pipeline based on gene correction in hematopoietic stem cells.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement next generation sequencing assays to characterize gene editing outcomes.
- Conduct single cell sequencing experiments to analyze edited cells and patient samples.
- Evaluate novel and orthogonal methods, including long read sequencing approaches, for in-house implementation or out-sourcing.
- Run and maintain various genomics and liquid handling instruments.
- Utilize liquid handling robots to scale and automate NGS workflows.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics scientists and software engineers to capture and analyze data seamlessly.
- Support drug product release and characterization by developing fit-for-purpose methods.
- Partner with scientist in the development of next generation gene editing approaches.
- Draft protocols and SOPs. Facilitate tech transfer of methods to different teams or CROs.
- Partner with the analytical team or CROs for assay qualification and validation.
- Interpret and analyze scientific data effectively and communicate findings internally and externally. Ensure high-quality documentation for regulatory submissions and publications.
- Work with corporate legal to file intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
What You Will Bring:
- Ph.D. in genomics, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, or equivalent.
- Postdoctoral or biotech experience preferred.
- Strong background in standard DNA and RNA NGS workflows.
- Experience developing and/or carrying out complex novel NGS workflows that are not commercially available.
- Experience with single cell sequencing techniques preferred.
- Hands-on experience operating and maintaining Illumina sequencers preferred.
- Familiarity with assay qualification and validation procedures.
- In depth knowledge of CRISPR-based gene editing approaches.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following preferred: ddPCR, long-read sequencing, liquid handling robots, mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, and cell enrichment.
- Record of independently managing research projects as exhibited by a strong publication record.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific writing skills.
- Ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
Fit with Graphite Bio’s culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios’ Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity