- Perform NGS experiments to identify differentially expressed genes comparing different conditions.
- Validate differences in expression of genes identified by genome-wide screens, using q-PCR, western blots, flow cytometry and other in vitro assays.
- Elucidate and confirm molecular pathways associated with these various relevant genes. Read published literature to keep abreast of latest developments in field of interest to the lab.
- The candidate will need high level of initiative, work independently and be flexible to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The candidate will perform other project-specific research as needed, and will be expected to author and present scientific publications based on research findings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated communicative team player with a PhD in genomics, molecular biology or other relevant scientific discipline. The candidate will have a strong background in molecular biology and must have strong hands-on experience with such techniques as sequencing, genotyping, real time PCR, gene expression analysis, molecular cloning, RNAi, tissue culture, infection assays, etc. Experience in flow cytometry, NGS or bioinformatics (Programming) is desirable. The candidate should have excellent writing and communication skills. Must have published in scientific journals. Depending on the position the candidate will need to be able to supervise staff.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph.D. with research experience in molecular biology or a related field.
Minimum Experience: Minimum 2 years postdoctoral experience. This position is requires US citizenship or permanent residency.