The Translational Research Scientist I work with a cross functional team to leverage the NanoString platform to support the characterization of biological samples for collaborative studies with a particular focus in Oncology. This individual is responsible for supporting translational research projects that utilize our diagnostic gene signature assays on the nCounter Dx Analysis System. This individual is required to support collaborative projects from initiation through publication, run gene signature assays and analyze genomics/gene expression data, generate reports and presentations, and work cross functionally to align on processes and present results. This individual is also required to use molecular biology techniques to evaluate new concepts in our diagnostic assays. This individual will also be asked to engage in publication development, pilot projects, process improvements and workflow optimization to support the Translational Research lab activities. This individual is expected to provide technical leadership and communicate results to the cross functional team and our collaborators, as well as contribute as an individual researcher.
- Use molecular biology techniques to evaluate new molecular diagnostic reagents for use in diagnostic gene signature assays
- Support collaborator study design, sample processing, data analysis, and results discussion
- Analyze genomics data
- Develop procedures required for Translational Research activities
- Work as part of cross functional team to deliver results on tight timelines
- Support program requirements for collaborative studies
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related field with a minimum of two years of relevant post-doctoral or work experience, or an M.S. with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Detailed understanding of state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques
- Extensive knowledge of nucleic acid manipulation and characterization techniques (i.e., NGS, Q-PCR or hybridization assays)
- Preferences for experience working on a cross-functional team with an emphasis on translational research
- Strong analytical and organizational skills exemplified by clear oral presentations and written documentation
- Familiarity with software tools used for the analysis of gene expression data
- Preferences for experience working in the field of biomarker development or immuno-oncology