ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop novel computational tools to rigorously define and characterize cell types.
- Compare cell types across brain regions and species and relate expression to other cell type features.
- Participate in team efforts to develop highly scalable RNA-sequencing analyses.
- Work with experimental scientists to design experiments to validate computational predictions of neurobiological function.
- Participate in a highly interactive and multidisciplinary environment.
- Publish and present findings in peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences.
- PhD degree in neuroscience, bioinformatics, genetics, physics, applied mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with RNA-sequencing data.
- Fluency programming in R and/or Python.
- Fluency programming in R.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing RNA-seq data, preferably at the single cell level.
- Familiarity with a neurobiological system.
- Proven independent thinking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong publication track record.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
PhD degree in neuroscience, bioinformatics, genetics, physics, applied mathematics, engineering, or related field.