We are looking to add a Scientist I, Cancer Cell Biologist to our growing team. Reporting to our Cell Biology Senior Scientist, your primary role will be at the bench and includes performing cell-based assays to support drug discovery efforts. Our ideal candidate will have experience investigating cellular and molecular mechanisms as they relate to cancer cell biology and signal transduction pathways. This position offers the opportunity to play a key role in drug discovery efforts and mentor laboratory personnel, at a company with world-class scientific advisors and robust financial backing from top-tier investors.
What You'll Do:
- Employ hands-on knowledge of diverse cellular and molecular biology techniques, including state-of-the-art gene targeting technologies, flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy, and other cell-based assays to independently interrogate drug mechanism of action
- Independently develop, optimize and troubleshoot cellular screening assays
- Responsible for data analysis, interpretation and presentation to cross functional team members
- Mentor and train laboratory personnel
- Contribute as an active member of drug discovery teams
- PhD in cell biology or related discipline with either 2+ years post-doctoral experience (emphasis in cancer cell biology, preferred) or 2+ years biopharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in an oncology focused setting.
- Possess knowledge of cancer genetics and cellular mechanisms of oncogenesis
- Extensive experience performing cancer cell biology related assays including proliferation assays, cell synchronization and release, and detection of thymidine analogs by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy (Click-it Edu detection, etc) (experience with incucyte use and analysis, desirable)
- Experience with genome editing/knock-down approaches (CRISPR/shRNA techniques) for engineering cell line models
- Extensive experience running flow cytometry assays (hands-on experience with cell cycle/cell proliferation assays is strongly preferred), and other cell-based assays including, ELISA, alphaLISA, Western blotting
- Extensive experience performing fluorescence microscopy (experience with FRET and/or quantitative image-based cytometry (QIBC) is strongly preferred)
- Experience performing NanoBRET assays is desirable
- Hands on experience with gene expression assays (Taqman/SYBR green qPCR) is preferred