Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Validate potential drug target(s) for immune-oncology, immunology, or neurology focused indications
- Design, develop and execute cell-based binding and functional assays to support antibody campaigns
- Routinely design and perform high quality and well controlled experiments with minimal supervision
- Generate and independently analyze multi-parametric datasets using appropriate analytic programs
- Effectively communicate results and findings to multi-disciplinary team in oral presentations and written reports
- Maintain an accurate electronic notebook in a timely manner and comply with laboratory safety procedures
Requirements & Education:
Ph.D. degree in a related scientific discipline with at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years work experience or Master’s degree with at least 8 years work experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Broad background and previous experience in antibody discovery required (eg. immunization, display)
- Experience desired with techniques including flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, fluorescent imaging, and molecular techniques
- Background in immunology strongly desired, including handling of blood or related components
- Skilled with formatting 96- to 384- well to High Throughput assay systems
- Broad proficiency with multi-parameters flow cytometry (surface/intracellular staining, cell proliferation, receptor internalization) using BD Canto, Celesta, or BD Aria
- High proficiency with using FlowJo, Prism, Microsoft office applications for data analysis
- Experience with tissue culture of primary cells and generation of stable overexpressing cell lines
- Proficient in molecular biology laboratory techniques (i.e. transfections, Western blotting, ELISAs)
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Able to work and communicate effectively and collaboratively within the immediate group and supervisor
- Team player, detail oriented and organized
Able to design complex experiments with scientific rationale.
Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
Familiarity of the drug development process.
Draw appropriate conclusions.
Possess in-depth knowledge in area.
Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
- Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
Able to evaluate and communicate with CRO's.
Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
- Understands the context, impact and timely communication of data.
Works as an individual contributor.
Viewed as a knowledgeable resource within the department.
Supervising/mentor role in function.
Req #: 1803976