Our Organic Lab specializes in a wide variety of measurements including QC/QA, Failure Analysis and R&D support. We utilize a large number of techniques for this work including GC-TCD/GC-FID/GC-MS, FTIR, Raman Spectroscopy, UV-Vis, TGA/DSC, ATD-GCMS, HPLC/HPLC-MS and NMR. The GC/GC-MS Scientist will work in an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic environment and be part of an enthusiastic team passionate about providing quality data and answers to our customers in a timely manner. This individual will be responsible for helping grow our GC/GC-MSbusiness beyond our current customer base and type of samples. The chosen candidate must like running routine QC/QA work as well as developing measurements for new and challenging types of samples.
The selected candidate will be part of the Organic Lab at our Fremont, CA lab in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, home of Silicon Valley.
- Preparation and analysis of GC-TCD/GC-FID/GC-MS samples (both routine and non-routine analyses)
- Method development for GC-TCD/GC-FID/GC-MS analyses
- Preparing analysis reports
- Interfacing with clients to make analytical recommendations and discussing data and results
- Perform routine and non-routine activities as assigned
- Perform general maintenance of laboratory equipment
- M.S. in chemistry, materials science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Extensive experience in GC-TCD/GC-FID/GC-MS.
- Individual must have initiative, be self-motivated, and be able to work under time pressure and change plans on short notice.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and spoken) and a strong passion for customer service.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science or related field
- Other organic analysis techniques (e.g. FTIR, UV-Vis, HPLC) experience