- Administer various computer-based performance tasks. For successful performance of the tasks, it is crucial for the contract employee to possess knowledge of the underlying cognitive principles of performance on various computer-based performance tasks. The performance tasks measure a variety of cognitive and psychomotor skills, including spatial abilities, dichotic listening, 2-dimensional compensatory tracking, mental rotations, and working memory.
- Perform statistical analyses using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or Statistical Analysis Software (SAS). Examples of the typical analyses required for successful performance include T-tests, Chi-Square, Analyses of Variance, Multivariate Analyses of Variance, analyses of covariance, multivariate analyses of covariance, correlations, linear regressions, multiple linear regressions, and power analyses.
- Use multiple computer software packages to create spreadsheets, work with databases (including databasedesign and management), and perform statistical routines.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications for other psychological, medical, and performance studies.
- Trains and supervises technical staff, as needed.
- Performs other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Experience conducting research and evaluation in experimental / human factors psychology and possess knowledge of experimental methodology.
Minimum Education/Training/Experience Requirements:
Ph.D. or M.D. with at least 2 years of experience in cognitive, industrial/organizational, and/or testing and measurement areas of psychology or related field
Master’s Degree with at least 4 years of experience in cognitive, industrial/organizational, and/or testing and measurement areas of psychology or related field. A minimum of three years’ experience conducting original research, including the design and implementation of protocols with human subjects, databasedesign, data analysis, and report production.