FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a Scientist to join us in pioneering our functional genomics platform. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in CRISPR-based genome perturbation and protein overexpression screening technologies. The candidate will work closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision, and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Design, execute, and evaluate medium/large-scale functional genomic screens, including selecting or developing the screening approaches, designing and cloning the screening libraries, carrying out the screens, and working with the computational team on screen analysis
- Test key data-driven hypotheses around protein translation through the use of functional genomics tools
- Keep abreast of current literature and potentially lead external collaborations
- Regularly communicate with the rest of the FL69 team
- PhD with 5+ years experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics or related field
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled and intellectually diverse teams in an industry or academic environment
- Driven to develop a transformative therapeutic discovery and target validation platform
- Deep understanding and familiarity with medium/high throughput functional genomic screens, including protein overexpression or knockout/knockdown, using CRISPR or other approaches
- Extensive hands-on experience in screen design, execution, and analysis, including library design and cloning, introduction of the libraries into the model/cell type of interest, screen readout collection (by sequencing or phenotypic)
- Extensive hands-on experience in cloning technologies, including Gibson, USER or other relevant cloning strategies
- Demonstrated industry or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals, conference proceedings, or widely used codebase
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident execution, focused and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaborative skills with evidence of working in, and leading a team
- 3+ years of industry experience or equivalent in cell and molecular biology, protein biology or related field
- Computational skills necessary for screen design and analysis
- Deep understanding of transcription and translation
- Experience with next generation sequencing, including library preparation, sequencing and analysis
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.