The Fort Wayne facility designs, builds, integrates, and tests weather and climate space instruments. These instruments contain complex analog, power, digital, and FPGA electronics. Responsibilities will include electrical system architecture, system requirement definition, technical documentation development, requirement verification, and leading electrical technical teams. This position will also assist the Project Manager in giving technical customer presentations and insuring schedule and budget objectives are met.
- Bachelordegree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering and 12 years relevant engineering work experience; or equivalent.
- 10 years electrical system design
- 10 years Analog & Digital Design
- 12 years hands on root-cause troubleshooting
- 10 years technical specification and interface control document generation
- 10 yearsleading technical teams
- 10 years cost & schedule management
Preferred Technical Skills:
- DOD Top Secret clearance
- Allocate system level requirements to applicable sub-systems and components
- Perform functional analysis, detailed trade studies, advise alternate approaches, and perform interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware specifications
- Perform risk analysis, including identifying and assessing project risks related to the electrical design. Develop and execute risk mitigation plans and management of risks on projects. Provide risk avoidance and risk mitigation strategies related to the electrical design to project managers.
- Develop and review electrical engineering documentation to ensure they meet electrical system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Design experience related to cross-strapping and single point failure elimination
- Effectively communicate to and interact with all stakeholders (customers, contract management, technical personnel, business personnel)
- Mentors other electrical system engineers and provides guidance on electrical project execution
- Experience defining grounding architecture to satisfy EMI and EMC requirements
- Space Electronics Design Experience
- Experience in designing electrical systems, circuits, and sub-system components that include nuclear hardening and survivability techniques and implementations related to system-generated electromagnetic pulse (SGEMP), internal electromagnetic pulse (IEMP) burnout, total-dose degradation, photocurrent burnout, charging analysis, and single-event upset & recovery
Job ID: SIS20181806-25333