The Scientist will:
· Support drug discovery and early development efforts as a member of the PDM (Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism) group.
· Conduct biotransformation studies to identify routes of metabolism and bioactivation in order to optimize discovery chemistry.
· Use high resolution LC/MS/MS to interrogate the structural identify of metabolites generated from in vitro test systems (e.g. microsomes and hepatocytes) and in vivo matrixes (e.g. plasma, bile and urine).
· Execute mechanistic DMPK studies using in vitro test systems to resolve project specific ADME-related issues and serving as a project team representative responsible for implementing ADME strategy to support discovery programs.
· MS degree with 8 years or a PhD with 3 years of relevant industry experience is required
· Experience utilizing LC/MS/MS to localize sites of metabolism is required
· Experience utilizing NMR data to localize sites of metabolism is preferred.
· Practical experience with cell-based systems to perform mechanistic ADME studies is preferred
· Strong medicinal chemistry background as well as expertise using high resolution mass spectrometers and their associated softwares to support biotransformation work (TOFs, Q-Traps, Orbitraps etc.) is required
· A strong understanding of DMPK principles and their application to drug discovery and early development phase is required
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
Requisition ID: 8133170417