The Scientist will partner with colleagues in research and informatics to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for R&D teams.
Will invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems. Will participate in project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner. Will conceive and develop end to end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MD) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics is required.
- Strong understanding of drug discovery and development processes is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of healthcare relevant datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, C++, or Python is required.
- Experience with informatics, analysis and visualization software/tools such as R, MatLab, SAS, Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot or other analytical tools is required.
Requisition ID: 5836171201