Not Specified years
Posted 270 days ago
Scientist, Cytochrome P450 Engineering
We are seeking a Scientist with experience in cytochrome P450 enzymology and engineering to join our Enzyme Engineering team. The scientist will support the engineering of enzymes and microbes to deliver sustainable solutions for a growing world. She or he will provide technical expertise to identify and improve bottleneck enzymes, especially P450s, and to develop new approaches for enzyme engineering.
* Providing cytochrome P450 expertise and applying various directed evolution approaches to improve enzyme activities in microbial pathways
* Developing next generation of enzyme engineering technologies
* Routinely designing and executing complex experiments in enzymology and protein engineering
* Maintaining, analyzing, and reporting on data within and across broader scientific teams.
* Contributing to the company’s intellectual property portfolio, scientific presentations and publications
* Maintaining safe practices and work environment
Members of the enzyme engineering group need to be knowledgeable in enzymology, protein biochemistry, molecular biology and microbiology, and should be creative, organized, energetic, collaborative, and self-motivated.
Skills and Requirements:
We favor candidates with formal technical training (Ph.D. or equivalent experience) in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or chemistry. We prefer candidates with a demonstrated track record of enzyme improvement. Experience in cytochrome P450 enzymes is required.
We prefer Scientists with skills or traits in some or all of the following areas:
* Experience in applying directed evolution methodologies for enzyme engineering
* Knowledge in enzyme mechanisms and chemistry of metabolic pathways
* Strong skills in molecular biology and statistical data analysis
* Experience in in vitro and in vivo enzyme assay development and characterization of enzyme kinetics
* Self-motivated, strong desire to succeed, and an innovative mindset
* Excel in a team environment with strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Proficiency in writing and oral presentations