Scientist - Bioinformatics
Less than 5 years experience • Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
Tracking Code 184-181
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist to join our fledgling bioinformatics group. A successful candidate is expected to play a key role in building the bioinformatics infrastructure and capabilities at NGM. They will enable the implementation of new technologies and support the analysis of complex data for the purposes of target and biomarker discovery.
- Design and build bioinformatics pipelines for the analysis of NGS DNA-seq, RNA-seq and Single Cell RNA-seq data
- Collaborate with other researchers to discover new targets, identify biomarkers, and elucidate the MOA of current drug candidates
- Conduct robust analyses of publicly available gene expression and gene annotation data
- Build a repository of NGM’s internal “omics” data and make that repository accessible to researchers
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Present results to senior management and other research staff
- PhD in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology (0-2 years of experience)
- Sustained productivity evidenced by high quality publications
- Demonstrated expertise in the analysis of NGS sequencing data and associated command-line software applications
- Fluency in R, Python or another equivalent programming language
- Experience with the implementation of basic web applications is preferred
- Familiarity with MySQL database structure and design is preferred
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Independent, innovative and creative thinker
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills