$80K — $100K *
This individual will be responsible for strategic discovery and development of critical reagents (hybridoma and/or phage display), bioanalytical assay development (PK, ADA, NAb, soluble biomarkers), and sample analysis to support and advance our immunotherapeutic platforms with an emphasis on both pre-clinical and clinical programs. The successful candidate must have a proven track record with the development and deployment of bioanalytical assays to help characterize the PK/PD, biodistribution, in vivo stability, drug-ligand interactions, and immunogenicity of biotherapeutics. Prior CRO management and laboratory operations management experience is strongly desired.
• Manage hybridoma CROs and the associated physical, kinetic, and/or functional screening and characterization of proprietary critical reagents (mAbs, recombinant proteins, other) for use in development of ligand binding assays (ELISA, ECLIA, other), FACS and cell-based assays, and IHC (companion diagnostics).
• Develop and maintain systems for sample and reagent inventory tracking, including organization and maintenance of hybridoma and critical reagent libraries. Manage DNA sequencing and cloning of lead mAb candidates as necessary.
• Assist in the strategic design and development of ligand binding assays, cell-based assays (e.g. FACS and NAb assays), sample preparation and affinity purification techniques, and other bioanalytical methods used to measure and characterize biotherapeutics and anti-drug antibodies (ADA) in various biological matrices. Includes conjugation of critical reagents (biotin, FITC, Alexa Fluor, etc.).
• Qualify and deploy these methods to measure and characterize therapeutic drugs in in vitro and in vivo studies/models and clinical samples. Assist with transfer to bioanalytical CROs.
• Analyze, summarize, and present data in group meetings and contribute to scientific discussions. Interact with multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals and timelines.
• Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings and participate in report writing.
• Help maintain a bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills are essential.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• BS or MS in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant research/industry experience.
• Prior GLP experience in pre-clinical and/or clinical assay development, including an understanding of general assay needs for biologic therapeutics, is beneficial.
• Strong problem solver who is highly organized with the ability to multitask and thrive in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g. MS Excel, SoftMax Pro, GraphPad Prism).
Alpinists share a passion for meaningful work and are committed to solving the most complex problems in immunology to create new therapies for patients. We believe in innovative thinking, collaboration, flexibility, bias for action, and healthy debate. To foster our team of outstanding scientists and business professionals, we provide a premier work environment with a state-of-the-art lab and office spaces with truly inspiring views, and an open design to facilitate teamwork.
Our treasured culture has been shaped by our diverse team who truly enjoys working and playing together. We nurture Alpine’s culture in many ways, including all-company social events and happy hours, lunch-and-learn and education opportunities, interest groups like book club and movie nights, peer-to-peer recognition programs, a robust wellness program to help support physical, mental, and emotional health, and more.
We take care of our employees with competitive benefits package which includes premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents, wellness programs, FSA and 401(k) plans. We believe that quality time outside the office is vital to our employees’ satisfaction at work. That’s why our flexible PTO plan encourages team members to take time off so they can come back refreshed. Alpine team members enjoy competitive salaries and equity participation (stock options).
Alpine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Alpine is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Our office and lab are located in the blossoming biotech neighborhood of Eastlake in Seattle. Alpinists enjoy the flexibility to work onsite, remotely, or a hybrid schedule, with evolving options as we prioritize keeping Alpinists safe and healthy during the COVID pandemic. Onsite employees enjoy comfortable huddle rooms and Zoom Room-enabled conference rooms, a spacious breakroom and kitchen with a coffee bar and snacks, and rooftop access to enjoy gorgeous views of Lake Union and Gas Works Park.
Valid through: 11/8/2021