- Lead or support autoimmune and/other disease modeling projects that translate genetic testing and/or clinical/EHR datasets into novel discoveries.
- Collaborate with clinicians, basic scientists, data scientists and general management to develop autoimmune and other complex disease modeling and marketing analysis that make use of Sema4’s unique data resources.
- Collaborate with statistical and analytical teams for complex disease modeling (i.e. predicting disease risk or drug responses).
- Work with business development and product teams for collaborating with pharmaceuticals /physicians to identify patient cohorts for clinical trials and observational studies.
- Provide scientific guidance to other teams and contribute to the design and development of Sema4’s databases and associated data analytics platform.
- Publish novel findings in academic journals and present at conferences.
- PhD in autoimmune disorders (i.e. Inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis) or other complex diseases, biomedical sciences, biomedical Informatics, public health or a related discipline. We will also consider MDs with training in autoimmune or other complex disease domains and/or Biomedical Sciences / Informatics.
- Deep understanding of complex disease fields such as genomics, epidemiology and immunology.
- Interest in data science and machine learning approaches to solving complex problems. Computational and analytical skills are preferred, but not required.
- Experience of working on interdisciplinary teams that include scientists, data engineers, clinicians and general management.
- Minimum 2 years relevant post-graduate experience or industrial experience.
Valid through: 11/17/2021