Epic Sciences, Inc. is developing novel diagnostics to personalize and advance the treatment and management of cancer. Epic’s mission is to enable the rapid and non-invasive detection of genetic and molecular changes in cancer throughout a patient’s journey. The company was founded on a powerful platform to identify and characterize rare cells, including circulating tumor cells (CTCs). Our technology helps match patients to targeted therapies and monitor for drug resistance, so that the best treatment path can be chosen at every clinical decision point. Today, we partner with leading pharmaceutical companies and major cancer centers around the world. Epic’s goal is to commercialize our technology to increase the success rate of cancer drugs in clinical trials and improve patient outcomes by providing physicians real-time information to guide treatment choices.
The Scientist will design, execute, and interpret experimental results for assay development projects, primarily using cell-based immunofluorescent staining and imaging. The individual may also use additional analytical techniques (immuno-assays and DNA sequencing) in routine work. This person will design and execute experiments under minimal supervision, independently, and in collaboration with others in a team-oriented environment to develop novel diagnostic tests.
• Work as a cross-functional team member across all product-development stages from establishing the technical feasibility of an assay to analytically validating a commercial product.
• Independently design and execute experiments to assess assay technical and clinical feasibility – perform scientific literature searches, design test methodologies, collect, analyze and interpret data.
• Execution of assay development objectives to support commercial products – optimize assays for cost, through-put and turnaround time; characterize assay performance specifications; execute analytical verification and validation of assays.
• Analyze data, interpret and present results, provide creative solutions to problems, and design troubleshooting experiments as needed.
• Understand and adhere to quality regulations (e.g., SOPs, GxP, CAP/CLIA).
• Draft and review detailed SOPs, technical documents, and validation reports.
• Prepare and present data presentations for internal and external audiences including management, leadership, and both academic and commercial clients.
May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management.
• PhD, MS or BS degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, biomedical science or related field.
• 2+ years (PhD), 4+ years (MS) or 6+ years (BS) of relevant laboratory research experience.
• Must learn and demonstrate compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Experience with immunofluorescent assays such as IHC, fluorescent microscopy or flow cytometry, and cell culture.
• Experience working both independently and with a team; experience mentoring junior scientists also desirable.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to solve complex scientific challenges.
• Experience in medical diagnostics is highly desirable.
• Ability to independently lead research projects and carry them to completion following requisite timelines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated experience presenting data to supervisors, reviewers, and external parties.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to manage relationships with external clients effectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and in data analysis software suites (e.g., GraphPad Prism, JMP, R, Radiant, Knime).
• Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in scorecards and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
• Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
• Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the Epic Sciences’ goal to be the premier CTC technology in the industry.
• Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
• Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
• Confidence - Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Transition from standing and sitting often.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• General office environment. Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Requisition ID : 1079