The Infectious Disease R&D group is seeking a collaborative Scientist who leverages an engineering approach and thought process to solving problems. This is a high visibility role working collaborative in a fast-paced work environment with multiple teams and functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute automated liquid handling scripts in support of high throughput assay product development programs as a member of an automation & assay integration group.
- Understanding of ELISA development, automation optimization and integration of new peripherals.
- Instruct/mentor others on implementation of developed assays and assist in troubleshooting when instrument or other problems arise.
- Data interpretation and communication of results to project team representatives and electronic laboratory notebook keeping of results.
- Prepares materials, performs experiments, gathers data, carries out analysis and reaches conclusions.
- Orders and maintains equipment and work area.
- Maintains knowledge of products and procedures, developments in the field and industry and regulatory environment. Adheres to appropriate procedures and regulatory requirements.
- May participate in conferences, webinars, training programs and seminars to continue to develop knowledge base.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, biology, chemistry, immunology or equivalent and 6+ years of biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience OR
- Master’s degree in biomedical engineering, biology, chemistry, immunology or equivalent and 4+ years of biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong experience with ELISA or FIA development experience in biotech industry.
- Experience with assay development, including optimization and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Design of Experiments as part of assay and system optimization.
- Proficiency with Venus, I-Swap, Overlord software packages or equivalent.
- Experience with basic statistical approaches to data analysis (Ex. JMP, Minitab, etc.)
- Ability to grasp new concepts and execute experimental procedures with technical proficiency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and deliver results in a fast-paced, demanding environment.