At Codexis, we are creating sustainable chemicals, pharmaceutical processes, and renewable ingredients that make industry more efficient, productive and profitable. Industrialbiotechnology from Codexis reengineers enzymes and microorganisms – nature’s catalysts – and puts them to work to solve real global challenges for the world’s largest companies.
Analytical Development Scientist
The performance of enzymes as biocatalysts can be assessed by measuring the conversion of small molecule substrates into products, which is often accomplished through HPLC.
We are looking for an Analytical Development Scientist possessing depth of knowledge of small molecule analytical techniques and instrumentation, particularly in the area of HPLC, who will apply their expertise and hands-on skills to develop and validate enzyme activity assays following ICH Q2.
• Independently design and carry out method development and validation following ICH Q2 (HPLC, spectrophotometric assays, KF, LOD, etc.) release and stability testing of Codexis products
• Prepare test methods, protocols summary reports and technical documentation
• Independently develop and execute strategies to solve analytical problems
• Provide analytical consultation and support to project teams
• Troubleshoot HPLC and analytical instrumentation problems
• Maintain knowledge of new emerging techniques and equipment to add to the knowledge pool of the group and provide input for all ongoing development programs and instrument acquisitions.
• Provide development guidance to analysts in the group
• PhD with a minimum of 5 years, MS with 10 years, BS with 15 years in Analytical Development
• Thorough knowledge of HPLC method development and instrumentation
• Experience in a GMP environment and working knowledge of ICH guidelines for development/validation of test methods and stability studies
• Demonstrated expertise in the independent design and execution of analytical development projects
• Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of statistical tools for data analysis
• Proficient computer skills and experience with commonly used analytical laboratory software
• Good communication (oral and effective use of e-mail), interpersonal and writing skills
• Ability to mentor and train junior staff
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
• Experience with biocatalysts and enzyme based assays is preferred
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously and manage stakeholders
• LCMSexperience a plus