Passage Bio is looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Scientist with biophysical and analytical chemistry experience to join our growing Analytical Development team. Working closely with scientists in our development group, this candidate will take a lead role in designing and optimizing experiments, processing, and analyzing data, to help characterize our lead candidate materials and drive decisions. If you are comfortable in a cross-functional role, know how to excel as part of a diverse team, and are excited about working on state-of-the-art biological drug delivery methods, please keep reading!
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Contribute to the development and validation of methods for the release of AAV gene therapy vectors. Methods are primarily physical chemistry analytical techniques including HPLC, light scattering, AUC, and Mass Spectrometry.
- Conduct a wide range of analyses (routine and non-routine) to support bio-pharmaceutical testing while maintaining documentation standards that meet GMP requirements.
- Be proactive in solving technical problems through analyzing data, troubleshooting method issues, and capillary electrophoresis.
- Prepare, evaluate and present data.
- Author protocols and technical reports.
- Prepare and independently execute experimental work plans.
- May supervise and train technical staff as the need arises.
Here Is What You Will Bring To The Table:
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, or Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry and 3+ years of related experience, or BS/MS in the scientific field of study with 8+ years of relevant experience working.
- Direct industry experience developing biochemical and biophysical AAV characterization methods preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.