DSM Coating Resins is responsive to customer needs both externally as well as internally. These customer needs are translated in projects aimed at fulfilling the desired requirements. We have an opportunity with the R&T Acrylics team in Wilmington, MA for a Scientist in Acrylics Emulsions. The purpose of the position is to lead in the projects by setting up and executing the required experiments in a safe, reliable and accurate way. The position holder leads these projects by participating in project team(s) as a team member, in which he/she is the R&T representative. He/she will Initiate and be responsible for the execution of the lab experiments and also guiding the scale up process. The job is an excellent position for a candidate who has a successful track record within a R&T environment and who has leadership ambitions.
In this position you will:
- Support formulation of an R&T strategy in field of own expertise
- Advise on applicability of new developments in BU processes/products/applications
- Makes specialist knowledge available, shares and integrates, applies and develops it within projects
- Establish and maintain pro-active internal and external networks/co-operations in the area of expertise
- Assist in the preparation of contracts for co-operation with external parties
- Generate innovative technical approaches, new concepts and creative ideas in the area of expertise and propose R&T projects and programs to achieve this
- Execute the agreed research programs, evaluate them and report on the results
- Participate in, provide scientific/technical leadership in R&T projects, and act as a sounding board for advice for other colleagues
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory submissions and contribute the required scientific documents
- Insure an active patent strategy in the field of expertise
- Participate in and execute Freedom to Operate studies
- Write scientific publications and hold lectures at scientific congresses
- Support (pilot) plant production, up-scaling of new or improved products
- Support technology Intelligence reports on area of expertise and participate in schemes associated to knowledge management
What we look for in you:
- Recent PhD degree in Science / Technical Discipline (preferably chemistry or chemicalengineering).
- Experience in the field of Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry or PolymerTechnology is a plus.
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- Capabilities in Project Management are a plus.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Practical, enthusiastic, proactive and flexible attitude.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Requisition ID 11061