Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking an experienced Scientist with biological sciences background for our Dako North America office in Carpinteria, CA to work within the field of Companion Diagnostics. Work in a dynamic environment in the field of Oncology!
In this role:
Plan and execute experiments to develop immunohistochemistry (IHC) assays in the Companion Diagnostics business area. Participate as a key scientist in internal and external project teams, review scientific literature, work with Key Opinion Leaders and follow scientific and medical trends in the area of companion diagnostics and targeted therapies directed to solid tumor cancers. Publish work when appropriate. Facilitate transfer of completed development projects into commercial products. Work closely with cross-functional project teams, line management and external partners. Write/review product instructions for use, protocols and technical reports. Generate requireddocumentation/procedures, in compliance with Quality Systems and Good Laboratory Practices. Evaluate/optimize test methods, new antibodies/reagents. Maintain laboratory notebooks. Provide customer/co-worker technical support. May supervise a small team of Research Assistants and Associates.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, friendly, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking, and most important, has an interest in the company and our products. Agilent Technologies promotes a mutually respectful environment where all staff members are essential for the success of the group.
* Design and conduct studies, including troubleshooting activities as needed.
* Execute performance testing of companion diagnostic IHC assays
* Support clinical trial activities, including preparation of study materials and training of study personnel.
* Evaluate and report experimental results
* Author general protocols and reports, conduct successful studies including troubleshooting (Stability; short Tech Reportsetc) and publications
* With training and coaching, exhibit a general understanding of histology and pathology and be able to train others to follow assay protocols
* Present scientific results via oral presentations
* Train others to follow assay protocols
* Participate in CDx Project Teams and serves as a direct contact between Agilent Technologies and pharma key stakeholders
* May be Design Responsible and/or Team Lead, responsible for execution and deliverables to companion diagnostic projects
This position may be required to supervise up to 4 junior level laboratory assistants and research assistant/associates.
A challenging job, working with one of the most rapidly growing areas in the biopharmaceutical industry. You will become part of company that works according to these values:
* We move cancer diagnostics forward
* We care about the needs of our customers and cancer patients and strive to ensure people are treated consistently, fairly and with respect
* We deliver effective diagnostic solutions valued by our customers
* We are passionate with quality in the solutions we provide toour customers, in the talented people we attract and develop, and in the processes we work by
ScheduleFull-timeRequirementsPhD degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-4 years of experience in product development/assay development
Other attributes for success in this position are:
* Able to follow Quality System regulations, including Design Control
* Experience with immunohistochemical staining and use of a microscope required
* Good verbal and written communications
* Analytical, creative and works well in a team environment
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Mathematical (algebra and basic statistics) and computer (MSOffice) skills