$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Chicago, IL 60601
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 28 days ago
Work with assigned Territory team and Sales Development Representative. Responsible for selling the Biotechnology product line in the designated territory, acquiring and analyzing sales and market information and assisting in promotion efforts.
-Atlanta Sales Consultant will cover Southeast
B.S. in molecular biology, life sciences, chemistry or related field.
Minimum two years' experience and success in field sales of high end, capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies
Minimum one year direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
1. Sell Biotechnology products in the territory. Includes qualifying and follow-up of sales leads generated from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc. Implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies. Assist in selling outside of territory as needed.
2. Pro-active generation, qualification and closing of new potential sales prospects is required.
3. Evaluate and recommend where product demonstrations should be done, arrange logistics, and assist in doing demos. Conduct customer demos as appropriate and assist in exhibitions as needed.
4. Represent the brand at exhibitions, conferences, and attend required trainings and meetings
5. Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, support contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects and/or referrals from existing users.
6. Record all customer communications, correspondence, activities, and opportunity information in Salesforce within one week of completion of the activity.
7. Submit expense reports no later than two weeks after completion of a trip or month (if submitting expenses on a monthly basis).
8. Assist in follow-up of existing users to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
9. Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan for assigned region.
10. Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a business plan to maximize the market potential.
11. Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales and daily activities, as requested.
12. Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.