To ensure an efficient and dynamic pace to the core science, the establishment and the expansion of the new metabolism initiative, the Pospisilik Lab is actively seeking a talented Scientific Grant Writer to support Dr. Pospisilik in preparing grant applications for extramural funding opportunities.
In particular, you will:
- Search for and identify potential funding sources to support the lab's research.
- Writing/editing high quality grant proposals for submission to a variety of funding institutions.
- Contribute to the scientific knowledge and analytical skills in the preparation of grant proposals, manuscripts, and protocols.
- Provide full life cycle editing and writing support for grant submissions, including managing timelines and project milestones, collecting figures, illustrations, and information from various sources, editing documents and coordinating with multiple stakeholders involved in the submission.
- Steer research projects and acquisition of preliminary data for individual and group efforts.
- Work closely with the Sponsored Research Office to compile and submit grant applications in a timely manner.
What traits and characteristics are expected of you?
- Highly motivated, ambitious, possesses strong planning and organizational skills, and brings innovation/creative thinking about science.
- A strong commitment to building and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Strong skills and enjoyment in scientific writing.
Realistically you would possess a Ph.D., have expertise in Molecular Epigenetics and/or Metabolism, have completed postdoctoral training experience, and possesses a strong record of successful grant writing proposals. We will consider a Master's degree with broad and in depth experience in technical writing. Regardless of your education, you must be a leader, and above all, a team player.
In addition you should also possess:
- Ideally 3 -5 years of experience in grant writing proposals and peer reviewed publications. This includes strong writing, editing, and preparing of high quality written scientific documents.
- Experience in submitting grant proposals to National Institutes of Health, Department of Defense, and other federal, non-profit, and/or private funding agencies and organizations.