Our Client is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems.
The Chief Systems Engineer (CSE) will be responsible for all systems engineering related activities for the tactical radio product family. This individual will be a member of a cross functional development team and will provide technical leadership and oversight from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed system.
This role requires strong leadership and teamwork skills. The candidate will be expected to lead various Systems Engineering process and technology initiatives. These include establishing a cross platform system requirements specification and leading a technology obsolescence road mapping initiative.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively across the CS TCOM Engineering organization to focus on the Requirements Management, Technical Baseline Creation, Review and Approval, Technical Roadmap Creation and System Engineering process compliance activities including, but not limited to, process artifact review and approval and Risk Management/Analysis. The CSE will partner closely with both Engineering Project Managers and Engineering Discipline Team leads across TCOM Engineering to ensure consistent strategy, direction, and alignment on continuous improvement initiatives.
The successful candidate will lead technical concept development and architecture designs for Communication Products and will interact with both internal and external customers. The candidate will also be required to provide technical support to Business Development teams and Product Development teams. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability work within a large engineering team are required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform system design activities for Communication Products and Systems of Products. Serve as the primary technical point-of-contact for a product family, relying on engineers from specific disciplines as required.
- Preparing and conducting technical briefings.
- Preparing for and participating in technical baseline reviews.
- The ability to assess and report technical project status, risks and issues.
- Provide cross-functional technical and process leadership in the execution of multiple IRAD and Program funded projects.
- Oversee product development technical activities to assure designs are technically sound, and meet system level requirements.
- Prepare systems requirements, design reviews and documentation per standard development processes.
- Collaborate with other design teams, test, manufacturing, product service, program and product management, and external customers to execute radio product development projects and deliver high-quality radio products.
- Support front end business development activities including planning, customer visits, technical briefings, and proposal developments.
- The ability to draw on internal resources to generate accurate estimates for NRE and recurring costs.
- The ability to provide short-term technical support to internal and external customers when necessary.
- Engagement in project post-mortem reviews in order to assess future process improvements.
- The ability to complete assignments on a self-directed basis with only high-level direction provided at the start of tasking.
- Establish strategic working relationships with engineering project managers as well as functional teams and technical leads.
- Provide leadership in the development of technical staff through strategic hiring, mentoring, and training.
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Engineering (BSEE or BSCE) with 15 years of relevant experience in systems engineering or product design engineering or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MSEE or MSCE) with 13 + years of relevant experience
- Ability to partner with process owners and team leaders to identify, recommend, and select business process improvement projects, leveraging relevant business acumen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven and effective communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus