MD or PhD or Pharm D required
Five years pharmaceutical industry experience and medical affairs-specific (or clinical) experience preferred; vaccine-specific experience preferred.
Must be able to clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of the US healthcare system and the US healthcare environment including all external stakeholders.
Must demonstrate disease area expertise and appropriate medical and/or clinical and/or scientific experience.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of medical affairs accountabilities for evidence generation, external engagement and internal advice; direct experiencepreferred.
• Leads/contributes to defined US medical affairs work for a medicine(s), supporting global franchises, US medical affairs matrix team(s) and US medical commercial strategy team(s).
• Contributes to the development and execution of the US Medical Affairs Plan and
the medical sections for the strategic launch plan for one or more medicines.
• Provide the medical monitoring function as needed for trials, including protocol development, medical oversight ongoing clinical studies, management of potential safety issues, contributing to statistical analysis planning, providing medical interpretation of clinical trial data (both safety and efficacy)
• Integrates US environment needs and medical voice of customer (patients, providers,
payers) into medical affairs strategy.
• Understands, interprets and applies the local (US) external environment and competitive knowledge in all medical plans and is able to define the medical story for the patient.
• Ensures the US environment needs for medical and health outcomes evidence generation
are represented and incorporated into the global medical work.
• Recommends scientifically appropriate measures within health outcomes research over the lifecycle of the medicine(s) to meet US reimbursement needs.
• Leads/contributes to the design & delivery of Phase IIIB/IV studies (US Pharma funded) in
collaboration with global franchises and manages US funded investigator sponsored studies
• Leads/contributes to appropriate US scientific engagement between GSK and external
communities in order to advance scientific and medical understanding including the
appropriate development and use of our medicines, the management of disease, and patient care.
Other accountabilities include:
• Point of Contact for Field Medical Team
• Field Training material development and assessment
• MMT co-lead
• MCST co-lead
• Retail/Pharmacy Scientific Engagement Lead
• Medical Launch Activities co-lead
• Media Engagement co-lead.
- Requisition ID: WD140773