$80K ($80K base, TBD)
Posted on 07/03/18 by Jitendra Kushwah
Less than 5 years experience
Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
($80K base, TBD)
Posted on 07/03/18 Jitendra Kushwah
To be responsible for coordinating activities and resources in support of preclinical in vivo studies that impact multiple early-stage drug discovery projects.
- Under the direction of the Translational In vivo Models Scientist and R&D Integrated Planning and Operations Management (IPOM), the incumbent will interact regularly with project team representatives across all phases of drug discovery and development and all therapeutic units within client R&D to track requests for support with in vivostudies.
- Ensure alignment of available resources within the platform with therapeutic area priorities by tracking all requests for in vivostudy support related to animal facility operations, animal technical support, bio-imaging, pathology, and genetically modified animal models. Requests will be tracked monthly according to geographic location, therapeutic area, and project stage.
- Coordinate regular meetings of the senior staff within the platform to review project support requests and other issues relevant to the operations of the platform; prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables
- Upon request, produce reports for platform management summarizing relevant information in the public domain on various animal models of human disease, including an assessment of potential external partners with which to conduct in vivostudies.
- Assist personnel ensuring compliance with all regulations governing the use of animals in research by performing data entry and report generation, as well as other organizational tasks relevant to facility inspections, research Quality Assurance, and regulatory compliance.
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in the biological sciences and 2-5 years' experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Successful candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills and familiarity with the basic principles of animal models of human disease.
- Experience with in vivobiology/pharmacology studies and project management is desired.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, and Excel are required.