JOB FUNCTION/PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
· Provide PhD level technical support to Supervisors and Managers responsible for Microbiology testing program and related departments.
· Coordinate, compile, analyze and present all technical verifications and assay/ instrument validations for sections related to infectious disease.
· Work in tandem with section Supervisors, monitor and ensure compliance with Regulatory agencies (CAP, HRS, OSHA, and CLIA) and Quest policy, practice, and procedures.
· Participate in in-house Continuing Education Program and take indirect responsibility for continuing education of technical employees in Microbiology department.
· Serve as a consultative resource with employees on Quality Control/ Quality Assurance matters.
· Provide statistical analysis/ evaluation of laboratory data including: Quality control, patient median, instrument maintenance practices, proficiency results, patient distributions for internal use and Quality Assurance.
· Develop hospital specific Antibiograms and present to hospital clinical staff, pharmacy, and infection control teams.
· Research & Prepare technical literature for client use, following trademark requirements, as related to infectious disease.
· Possess a demonstrated ability to effectively utilize both Quest and external peer contacts to network and improve quality of service.
· Provide daily customized microbiological reports for specific hospital services.
· Develop quality monitors for technical aspect of patient testing to ensure accurate, appropriate, and timely results and to identify technical difficulties.
· Provide technical assistance to hospital infection control/epidemiology in investigating potential infectious disease issues.
· Provide expert guidance on technical matters related to department’s testing service, working closely with Medical Director to provide consultation to clients and assure appropriate testing is utilized.
· Must hold an earned PhD in Microbiology (or related subject area) from an accredited institution.
· External candidates must possess or qualify for a NYS Director Certificate of Qualification (COQ) and have two years of supervising or directing high complexity clinical testing.
· D(ABMM) certification or eligibility.
· Must have 3-6 years related experience, preferably in a regulated environment supporting high complexity testing.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations.
· Good working knowledge concerning laboratory medicine in general and areas of specialty.
· Competent use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); commercially available statistical software
· Extensive knowledge of phenotypic characteristics of common and less common microbial groups encountered in clinical specimens.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans /Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.