SAIC is seeking a Science and Technology Intelligence Analyst located in College Park, MD. The mission of The Joint Acquisition Protection and Exploitation Cell (JAPEC) is to protect the DoD's Unclassified Controlled Technical Information (CTI) in order to preserve the technological advantage maintained by the DoD and U.S. Defense Industrial Base, and to recommend exploitation opportunities to deter, deny, and disrupt any attempts by our adversary's to compromise that advantage. Intelligence Analyst in support of JAPEC's mission will conduct intelligence and counterintelligence analysis to support JAPECs efforts to integrate and coordinate analysis to enable and inform Controlled Technical Information (CTI) protection efforts across the DoD enterprise.
The JAPEC Intelligence Analyst will effectively optimize existing CTI protection processes across the DoDs Acquisition Community, Counterintelligence (CI) and Law Enforcement (LE) communities, as well as the Intelligence Community (IC) to effectively develop and integrate new methodologies and practices, and CI and LE strategies to enhance DoDs program/technology protection efforts
This position requires a tenacious individual with strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, and writing skills with a high degree of personal initiative and attention to detail. A successful candidate will conduct analysis to identify and recommend enhanced program protection measures and risk mitigation strategies to DoDs critical acquisition programs and technologies.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications Education & Experience
- Analyzing technology/program security vulnerabilities and translating related CI analysis into actionable intelligence enabling exploitation opportunities by appropriate LE and CI communities;
- Developing and Integrating appropriate counterintelligence analysis in support of OUSD Research and Engineering (USD R&E) sponsored Technology Area Protection Plans (TAPPs); synchronizing intelligence collection requirements to alleviate identified intelligence gaps related to the TAPPs
- Providing inputs to Joint Collection, Analysis, and Production Plan for horizontal threats to critical and cross cutting technologies
- Working collaboratively with the government and business groups to ensure a consistent and integrated approach is applied to product development that aligns to the overall security mandates.
- Supporting Intelligence Collection requirements in support of program protection efforts
- Conducting threat analysis linking intelligence, acquisition, engineering/technical information
- Illuminating acquisition and S&T program supply chains for the purposes of identifying vulnerabilities and threats to critical technologies
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant intelligence and counterintelligence experience
- Minimum of 7 years of CI experience in the following:
- All Source Analysis Business Intelligence experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supporting Vulnerability assessments and security/program protection.
- Science and Technical intelligence: Collection requirements generation
- Military Department Production Centers (e.g. NGIC, MSIC,NASIC,ONI, ACIC, MCIA)
- Offensive Counterintelligence Analysis and Production
- Intelligence or Counterintelligence support to Research Development & Acquisitions (RDA) Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Advanced Persistent Threat (APT)
- Experience conducting Open Source Intelligence
- Foreign Owned, Controlled, or Interest assessments
- Graduate degree
- Military experience
- Familiarity with Palantir is highly desirable
- Experience developing OSD Policy