Little Rock, AR
Industry: IT Consulting/Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 387 days ago
Bowhead is seeking Aircrew Scheduling qualified personnel to augment Air Education & Training Command (AETC) flight training squadrons. The focus of this work is support to non-flying additional duty positions traditionally filled by rated aircrew members. Four (4) Aircrew Scheduling Managers are required at Vance AFB, Oklahoma.
1. Report directly to the Program Manager (located offsite).
2. Complete all required tasks unsupervised and interface/work with active duty squadron personnel as required.
3. Adapt quickly to changing circumstances in a medium- to high-stress environment.
4. Coordinate with the training officer, squadron aviation resource management (SARM), UDM, and Operations Officer (DO) to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations, qualification, upgrade, test, exercises, and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards, in accordance with DO priorities.
5. Build long- and short-range shift schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew, instructor, evaluator, support personnel, and supervisor positions. Coordinate with senior squadron leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
6. Keep track when crewmembers will be on leave, temporary duty, have scheduled medical appointments or other scheduling commitments. Contractor will deconflict crewmember schedules and work with flight leadership to ensure crews are available to meet assigned sortie taskings.
7. Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the operations officer. To the maximum extent possible, schedule aircrew based on experience to mitigate Operational Risk Management (ORM). Updates will be reported to squadron and wing leadership.
8. Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned.
9. Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance (MX) and schedule crewmembers for training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required.
10. Publish/post scheduling data for unit long-/short-range ground/academic, flying, and simulator training event schedules on Graduate Training Information Management System (GTIMS) or other computer database systems.
11. Comply with Ops Group and scheduling chiefs’ locally-developed guidance when building the schedule.
12. Determine flight, ground, and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade, initial qualification, requalification, transition, currency, and continuation training based on syllabus requirements, student progression, weather, and daily equipment/training range availability.
13. Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates.
14. Provide inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules.
15. Correlate sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements.
16. The Contractor shall attend: Weekly special use airspace scheduling meeting for schedule coordination and deconfliction; Weekly planning/coordinating airspace restrictions meeting for schedule coordination and deconfliction; and Monthly range scheduling meetings.
1. Ability to operate the following systems/programs:
a) Computer based training and integrated management system (TIMS, GTIMS, PEX, and X-plan)
b) SharePoint websites and communities of practice
c) Microsoft ACCESS is not required but highly desired
2. Minimum two years of experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
3. Minimum two years of experience working in a DoD Operational Flying Unit (active duty, guard/reserve, contractor or civilian)
4. Minimum of one (1) year scheduling experience working in a DoD operational or training flying unit within the last ten (10) years (active duty, guard/reserve, contractor or civilian)
5. Security Clearance: Secret
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.