- Effectively function as key facilitator and expeditor throughout the plan and schedule development process.
- Monitor, review and analyze the schedule and status of construction during all phases of the project including the analysis of any schedule deviations and corrective actions. Analyze the results of status input, review results with site staff and determine and agree upon any necessary schedule modifications.
- Implement the Standard Work Breakdown Structure, Work Item Lists, CPM Timetable, Preliminary Master Schedule, CPM development, resource and costs analysis and reports.
Prepare progress reports, variance reports, narrative reports and other various reports required by the internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify significant schedule risks and impacts to the project end date and report to Division and Operations personnel
Assist Business Development, Estimating and Operations staffs in development of proposal and bid schedules
Assist with the implementation of Lean “Last Planner” techniques including vPlanner.
Assist with Pull Planning exercises as necessary.
Conduct project site visits and field verification of progress in the field
- Ability to professionally interact with design team (architects and engineers)
- Proficient with most recent version of Primavera P6 scheduling programs
- Ability to build the complex schedule with input from project team; ability to be a lead scheduler for $100M+ project
- Support Scheduling Department functions that enhance the quality of overall company scheduling efforts, such as close out notices, historical project data sheets, historical project durations databases, manpower and/or cash flow information and procurement lead time data
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Work together with Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Engineer to coordinate both schedules and models. (4D Scheduling)
Desired Skills and Experience
7-10 Years of Construction scheduling experience required, primarily using Primavera P6.
Proficient of Last Planner System and LEAN principles
- PSP or PMI-SP certification preferred
- Proficient use of Synchro Software with BIM Modeling.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
Field experience and general knowledge of construction practices/procedures required
Strong communication skills
General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, GMP contract processes
Demonstrated knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Proven written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the periodically works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned. Where applicable, all activities will include disabled and veterans’ organizations.