Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Utilizes knowledge of Engineering and general Project Management principles, theories, concepts and industry standards to perform planning and scheduling functions, with reference to standard policies and procedures for guidance
- Functions as a team member, by scheduling and monitoring work packages as defined by the Jacobs engineering group and in some cases the Owner. Planning the sequencing and details of the engineering activities by consulting with the Engineering team to develop and maintain the Engineering schedule.
- Liaison with 3rd party Engineering and Procurement firms involved in the project to incorporate their work packages into the integrated project schedule.
- Obtain input from project team members, contractors, suppliers and client
- representatives to support the development of a baseline schedule, and subsequently to update schedule progress and forecasting.
- Provide timely analysis and reporting in support of project team delivery objectives.
- Evaluate schedule alternatives to support project changes thereby assisting the Project Manager in managing resources.
- Serves as the point of contact for all contract schedule development and maintenance
- Updates and incorporates change order requests into the overall schedule.
- Assists the Project Controls team in analyzing the critical path of the project.
- Develops weekly & monthly status reports, highlighting issues which may delay the schedule and provide alternatives to mitigate any disruptions.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a Progress Measurement and Earned Value system for the areas assigned
- 10 years of experience required, BA or BS or related experience is acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience executing a project using Primavera version 6 (P6) is required.
- Candidates with knowledge and experience with project execution using a stage gated process will be considered more favorably.
Field Planning experience will be considered more favorably:
- Developing scope from engineering documents
- Resource loading of a schedule
- Working with engineering teams to develop and maintain engineering schedules
- Progress Measurement and Earned Value
- The successful candidate must have the ability to function as a productive member of a complex team working with a multitude of teaming partners in a matrix organization.
- The work environment could include potential exposure to all of the conditions associated with a heavy industrial complex and it is paramount that all candidates are committed to their own personal safety and the safety of all coworkers at all times.