Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Plans, schedules, develops & coordinates CPM schedules for all phases of construction industry capital projects from Planning and Design to Construction and Project Close-out. Prepares a Basis of Schedule that outlines the scope, constraints, exceptions, format, etc. in accordance with client requirements. Reviews constructiondesign drawings & specifications, conducts field visits and gathers all material and data necessary to organize a CPM constructionschedule in an appropriate WBS format. In consultation with design, construction management and client staff, prepares CPM scheduling Activities and develops appropriate logic relationships and Activity Durations. Performs bottom-up resource and cost loading of schedule Activities when required by the client. Prepares CPM schedulereports indicating the shortest project duration, the critical path, total float, milestones, constraints, etc. Working with the design and construction management teams, performs regular on-going schedule updates and maintenance, including assistance to the project controls staff for determining earned value management. Reviews and analyses contractor schedule submittals and change order requests that impact the constructionschedule. Prepares and analyzes milestone, bar chart, CPM schedules, “what if” scenarios, etc., and makes recommendations for mitigating schedule slippage.
The Project Scheduler, reporting to Project Controls Manager/Scheduling Manager is responsible for the timely review and analysis of all contractor(s)’ monthly schedule updates, scheduleclaims, fragnets, requests for acceleration, cumulative impact on the schedule due to multiple changes and the proactive development of schedule alternatives to ensure the project is completed as efficiently as possible. This review and analysis will require interfacing with design, Right-of-Way (ROW), procurement, construction, and startup teams to be familiar with the various project aspects, their interdependencies and “causes”.
Responsibilities include the assessment of change orders, contractor inefficiencies, rework and the “effects” of any schedule delays on the contract and overall program schedule. The Project Scheduler will support the estimating team in analyzing time related changes, providing project management with timely sound/objective analysis of the Contractors’ submitted Time Impact Analysis (TIAs).
Specific duties include:
• Reviewing design and construction drawings and plans, analyzing and developing detailed project
schedules using standard coding and work breakdown structures;
• Determining and analyzing critical paths;
• Conducting schedule performance reviews;
• Participating in constructability and risk analysis;
• Generating graphical and tabulated reports in order to demonstrate and analyze contractors’ performance and progress; Providing specialized scheduling services such as what-if scenarios, evaluating time impact analysis, and supporting contracting and change management teams, and generating weekly, monthly and quarterly schedulereports.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree in Architectural/Engineering Technology or equivalent technical training in construction management preferred
- 5+ years required
- Experience in use of Primavera P6
- Experience in use of Acumen Fuse is a plus.