The Schedule Engineer is responsible for maintaining the project schedule and providing detailed time analysis to Schedule Manager.
- Perform take-off of quantities and activities from drawings or other documents for creation of Design/Purchase/Construction schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate with Design/Construction Engineers for the establishment of their schedule.
- Create and maintain Design/Purchase/Construction schedules based on specific requirement from multiple departments.
- Update, maintain, and revise monthly and weekly schedules and reports.
- Compare, and report on comparisons of monthly schedules with regards to changes, delays or accelerations.
- Participate in the preparation of TIAs (Time Impact Analysis) for purpose of analyzing and implementing mitigation procedures to the project schedule.
- Identify warnings and risks to the project for the purpose of mitigating the impact of these risks.
- Analyze monthly schedules and prepare reports for the purpose of dispute resolution.
- Participate in the preparation of baseline CPM Schedule.
- Support change order preparation in regard to time impacts and delays.
- Assist in the analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Populate schedule with resource and cost information.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience in heavy civil or general engineering construction required
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
- Expert level knowledge of Primavera P6 and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of project logistics and project schedule.
- Experience with developing and producing various types of reports, targeting different audiences, i.e. critical path reports, resource histograms, past and project production needs, Time –Location, 4D BIM (Synchro or NAVISWORKS), etc.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Excellent technical and mathematical abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs.