$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Engineer, End User Infrastructure role within Merkle is responsible for providing Tier 3 support for End User solutions and infrastructure across various technology components within the Merkle environment. The End User Engineer will deliver state of the art capabilities and provide a wide range of engineering solutions. The ideal candidate is the subject matter expert in their respective field and are called upon for most complex assignments. The Engineer, End User Infrastructure is responsible for environment performance measurement, analysis and tuning in an enterprise hosting environment. They keep up to date on industry trends and deliver the highest level of customer service possible.
The Engineer, End User Infrastructure role will report to the Manager, End User Infrastructure. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Lead the design and implementation of global, cost effective, enterprise-class systems following ITIL/ITSM processes/practices, while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards.
· Participate in the development of technology roadmaps that align with overall IT strategy and vision
· Provide user support for all aspects of functional area, serves as an escalation point for Tier 2 support. This includes on-call and after hours support, participation in the incident triage, and following a sound troubleshooting process.
· Act as a coach and mentor for less experienced team members.
· Provides enterprise level management and support for various desktop management components within System Center.
· Accountable for process definition for application packaging, software deployment, patch management, and automation.
· Responsible for application packaging, software deployment, patch management, and automation.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining the standards for all workstation images in accordance with enterprise standards.
· Lead within discipline to develop best practices, case studies, training materials, and whitepapers. Present at Architecture Review Board, Lunch and Learn sessions, and training sessions.
· Lead the evaluation process and recommend all hardware standards for Merkle end users.
· Gather requirements, develop the delivery plan for solution and services milestones, managing expectations and coordinating delivery with internal team.
· Responsible for standardizing and managing Active Directory, particularly the Organizational Unit and Group Policy administration.
· Serves as project team member for enterprise-wide initiatives and support activities.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining Technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for all enterprise level End User/workstation technologies.
· Lead innovation, process improvement and standardization within the IT organization.
· Serves as a lead to develop best practices, case studies, training class materials, and whitepapers. Create presentations for review at Architecture Review Board, Lunch and Learn sessions, and training sessions.
· Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints, escalating as appropriate.
· Provide user support for all aspects of functional area. Act as a coach and mentor for less experienced team members.
· Manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous incidents and Service Requests and drive resolution to technical incidents following the Merkle Incident Management Process.
· Perform post incident root cause analysis and write the associated RCA document.
· Demonstrate fiscal responsibility as it relates to client solutions. Manage the engagement, cost, performance, and relationship with service providers.
· Maintain in-depth awareness and fluency of the key features, functions, and/or industry trends around the area of expertise.
· Platform Ownership for specific technology. A Platform Owner is responsible for:
o Leading the technology councils in their respective field of expertise
o Determining and reporting on the availability of a specific platform
o Monitoring and alerting – Ensure the primary functionality is properly monitored
o Backups and Recovery – Ensure critical data is identified/protected and a recovery model is in place and periodically tested
o Capacity management – Develop capacity models, measure utilization and establish and maintain forecasts
o Develop maintenance plans and schedules
o Incident tracking – Track the incidents that have occurred on the platform and the remediation activities performed
o Develop and present environmental metrics
o Health checks – Periodic evaluation of the platform to ensure it is operating optimally
o Creation and maintenance of product guides
o Lifecycle Management – Ensure that software and hardware are up to date
§ Hardware – Ensure hardware is supported by the vendor and pro-actively plan for a refresh when required.
§ Firmware – review and apply firmware are required
§ Software – Software follow the N-1 rule for major release
· Uphold and promote Merkle's core values and culture
Measures of Success:
· Consistently deliver IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on-time/budget.
· Successfully resolve technical incidents/service requests within SLA/OLA timeframe with a high level of quality, escalating where appropriate.
· Consistently deliver IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on-time/budget.
· Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
· Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
· Implementation and adoption of support processes and structures sufficient to ensure system stability and user satisfaction.
· Participate in the development of Merkle's technology vision and strategy.
· Attain and maintain "expert level" recognition in select areas by IT Leadership and peers.
· Contribute to the development and evolution of reference architectures.
· Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis.
· Contribute to End User standards and best practices for process and procedures.
· A wide spectrum of End User technologies as well as server technologies which include but are not limited to: Windows desktop/server, MS Office, MS Skype, MS SharePoint, Sophos AV, VPN, and VMware.
· End User Infrastructure and core components.
· Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management.
· Enterprise System Management tools.
· Active Directory Group Policies in relation to software deployment, security settings, and application settings.
· Translating customers' needs into IT requirements
· Scripting languages, such as Kix, DOS, PowerShell/vbScript.
Demonstrate the ability to:
· Meet project deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects while adhering to a time allocation model
· Assess the scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency that matches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
· Multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
· Tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
· Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Manage through conflict and challenging situations with positive outcomes for the clients and Merkle.
· Develop and cultivate strategic relationships that benefit IT and Merkle.
· Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
· Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Strong understanding of enterprise data center concepts such as Windows, Linux, networking, server administration and security concepts
· Proven ability to make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred
· 10+ years of experience supporting and implementing Enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
· 3+ years professional experience in designing technology solutions
· MCSE Certification preferred
· Other relevant industry certifications preferred
· ITIL experience and/or certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16