The USCG TISCOM TESS program provides critical services and support to meet the demands of the USCG mission. TISCOM responsibilities include providing reliable enterprise IT services and responsive technical support for Coast Guard men and women around the globe as it develops, deploys, and supports the information technology (IT) infrastructure for the USCG Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) (e.g., CGOne), Secret Internet Protocol RouterNetwork (SIPRNet), and Top Secret (e.g., Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System [JWICS], Gold) networks for land, aviation, and sea based assets. Requirements include O&M of existing systems to engineering/deployment of new capabilities. USCG TISCOM is an environment that mixes physical and virtual technologies, utilizing a collaboration of many different vendors. TISCOM sets precedence for IT policies and procedures for the entire enterprise, supporting over 65,000 users in a Windows Active Directory architecture. A fast paced atmosphere, TISCOM is always looking towards the future with opportunities to deliver its users with the best tools and support. We are looking for a talented SCCM System Administrator.
- SCCM experience adding systems to collections, creating update packages for Microsoft security bulletins/hot fixes, and creating packages for 3rd party software.
- Able to check for enterprise security compliancy using SCCM, and query the environment for specific software installed on systems.
- Capable of troubleshooting SCCM agents installed on clients to ensure that all systems are receiving updates and report to the central SCCM server.
- Maintain a continuous cycle of patching and reporting to always ensure enterprise wide compliancy.
- Research and perform analysis of complex system requirements & capabilities and provide solutions.
- Provide integrated solutions utilizing a variety of software products with a focus on Microsoft Windows environment.
- Understanding of SCOM monitoring agent and responding/tracking to alerts.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Ensure that proper documentation is available to support the Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Ensure that proper documentation is available to support the Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- Provide follow-up service to end-users to ensure that service provided has addressed their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience in leading a team-oriented, collaborative environment is vital as is the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Understanding of, and experience with, DoD IT support environments would be beneficial as is knowledge of server and system administration.
- This position requires good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and technical documentation skills.
- Implementation and/or upgrade of IT systems within DoD environment.
- Experience with server administration in both unclassified (NIPR) and classified (SIPR) environments.
- Familiar with integration of various systems within DoD IT environment.
- Security+ Certification
- Related Mid-Level Vendor Certification (i.e. MCITP or MCSE)
- 3+ years’ Windows server 2008 R2 system administration
- 3+ years’ Windows server 2012 R2 system administration
- 3+ years’ Windows 7 system administration
- 3+ years’ Windows 10 system administration
- 3+ years’ Patching and updates to servers and workstations using SCCM
- 3+ years’ Creating, modifying, and running compliancy queries in SCCM
- Knowledge and Use of Active Directory
- Monitoring system performance using SCOM
- BS or equivalent + 3 yrs related experience, or MS + 1 yrs experience
- Powershell scripting
- SQL query development
- Knowledge of Remedy ticket tracking system
- Working knowledge of server upgrades
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills