A global asset management firm is seeking an outstanding Scala/Java Developer to join an agile team in New York. This candidate must have experience developing quality software within a financial services organization, specifically he/she must have experience working in a latency-sensitive and data-quality-sensitive electronic trading environment. This person will design and develop software for multiple equitytrading systems.
- Develop high-quality software components of the global trading platform using Java, Scala, and related languages and technologies
- Contribute to all areas of the software development lifecycle including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and support
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, product development, product quality and technology
- Serve as third-tier support for production issues and related support needs.
- 5+ years experience developing equity products in a global financial services company using Scala and Java in latency-sensitive environments
- Experience with equity products and instruments including FIX protocol and market data
- Proficiency with computer technologies including Linux, SQL/NoSQL, Messaging & Distributed Systems
- Strong multi-threaded and network programming experience
- Knowledge of equity market structure, order handling and electronic trading
- Strategic thinking, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with C++, Solace and Functional Programming