$100K — $150K *
Join the Hillman Team.
For over five decades, we’ve been a leading business partner for home improvement retailers. We engineer and deliver 112,000 products to equip pros and project-tacklers nationwide. Our reputation is rooted in legacy—and driven by a spirit that comes from within.
Is the Hillman spirit in you? It’s one that understands good ideas come from anywhere. One that finds opportunity where others see none. It’s the builder mindset—and all Hillman team members embody it. Every person across every function is empowered to influence the company—bringing forth new ideas and finding better ways to do old things. We’re looking to add more that kind of energy to our team.
Ask us what it’s like to work here.
Our culture promotes inclusion, diversity of thought, and innovation. And we put a major emphasis on growth, opening growth paths cross-functionally and vertically. The environment we maintain is collaborative and entrepreneurial. Here, our collective progress is everyone’s to own. Learning and skill development opportunities? They’re yours for the taking. We offer formal training programs that promote continued learning too. Growth doesn’t know many limits on this team.
Our office has a classic Boulder/Tempe vibe, with casual attire, fun team outings, independent work, flex hours, unlimited vacation, and remote WFH opportunities. Our team can be regularly seen going for bike rides, tackling Colorado 14ers, or at the crag climbing on any given week throughout the year.
RDS is experiencing significant growth and we’re looking for an experienced Technical Manager to lead our world-class Scala team. In this role the technical manager will be leading a team of 7-10 software developers and will be responsible for RDS’s critical enterprise applications. This person should have experience leading software development teams with a proven track record of success.
RDS does have a dedicated front-end development team building user interfaces in Vue.js.
- A profound sense of entrepreneurialism and a love for creating and developing rad stuff.
- A desire to high quality products that move the needle for consumers and build brand loyalty.
- An understanding that team success is more important than individual success.
- A good sense of humor, an ease with people, and the desire to be part of company culture that cares.
Top Skills' Details:
1. 3+ yrs of functional programming experience utilizing Scala
2. Enthusiasm and passion in functional programming, and a desire to continue growing your knowledge in this area.
4. Experience developing enterprise level applications
5. Agile Methodology experience
Akka, Play, and Linux experience is a BIG plus. If you don't have hands on experience with these technologies, you must be ready to learn and dive deep into them. Any experience with hardware and robotics is an even BIGGER plus. We don’t typically write board firmware, but we routinely write code interacting with it.
Compensation: $110,00 - $150,000 annually with a full comprehensive benefits package
Valid through: 12/7/2021