5 - 7 years experience • Software
Position Title SCADA Programmer - CO #3737
Location Denver CO
This person reports to the Operations Director
OVERALL SUMMARY STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Design, develop program, install, and test the installation of electricalprocesscontrol equipment, components and/or systems.
Job Description (Essential Functions):
Works independently to design, develop and modify software control systems
Compile and write documentation of program development, inserting comments in the coded instruction so others can understand the program for Motorola MOSCAD PLCs.
Conduct trial runs of programs and software application to insure they produce the desired results and that instructions are correct.
Clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest change.
Confer with operators, supervisors and engineers to implement operating procedures.
Work with operators, supervisors, engineers and other staff in the design, testing and evaluation of control systems.
Perform and revise, repair or expand existing programs and/or software for efficiency, needed adaptations, upgrades and performance standards
Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
Maintain positive and professional relationships with customers, subcontractors, vendors and engineers.
Input and suggestions on potential needs and sales leads of current customers.
Confer with engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
Mindful of budgets on projects to which assigned.
Willingness to handle service calls and assist field crews with installation, wiring, antenna, etc.
Strives to continuously improve quality and productivity through identifying own training and tool needs.
Train subordinates and new employees on essential functions of SCADA Engineer.
Works with all staff to insure compliance with safety and environmental policies.
The qualifications, knowledge and experiencerequired for this position include:
1. Bachelor's degree in electricalengineering or related area. (In lieu of degree, will consider equivalent combination of work experience, training and related education).
2. Four to ten years of relevant controls engineeringexperience.
3. Familiarity with specialty instrumentation associated with water plants.
4. Ability to perform detailed calculations and understand Ladder logic programming
5. Ability to write Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications code.
6. Ability to calibrate and troubleshoot electronic instruments
7. Customer focus orientation.
8. Proficiency with windows based operating systems, TCP/IPnetworks, Allen Bradley PLC programming theory and HMI software
9. Proficiency with windows programs including word processing, spreadsheet and email.
10. Ability to research solutions on the internet
11. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement own work.
12. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
13. Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative.
14. Ability to work in a team-based environment.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 4+ Years of SCADA Programming.
2. Motorola MOSCAD PLCs Experience Preferred.