$80K — $100K *
Purpose of Role:
The Principal Industrial Engineer is responsible for identifying, analyzing, securing resources and support, and developing solutions that will facilitate continuous productivity, capacity, safety, and quality improvement within Lowe's Supply Chain and Distribution teams. Within distribution, the Principal Industrial Engineer will provide detailed analysis for new process design, layout, technology, product slotting, and setup. The Principal Industrial Engineer will serve as subject matter expert and thought leader to the business leaders and peers in defining and implementing solutions.
The Principal Industrial Engineer will also gather, analyze, and present data for key supply chain decision making. The Principal Industrial Engineer will ensure we are developing network consistency by acting as a key communication link between the corporate and field-based engineering and operations teams.
• Identifies opportunities and analyzes elements of existing DC network to include:
- New processes and equipment
- New item handling procedures
- New storage methodologies and equipment
- New and improved allocation, picking, and replenishment strategies
• Recommends and secures approval for solutions with an emphasis on safety.
• Gathers and analyzes data for supply chain decision making to include:
- Acting as a liaison between logistics and distribution operations
- Performing analysis on space costs to be used to make packaging and channel decision
• Leads programs across multiple network nodes to implement new process and technology.
• Coordinates multiple business functions to incorporate eCommerce activities and requirements across supply chain functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in in Industrial Engineering or related field AND 5 years of experience in industrial engineering, OR, Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field AND 3 year experience
• 1-3 years’ experience in marketing or related field
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, and Access
• Experience in time and motion studies, engineered labor standards development and implementation
• Experience with a warehouse management system
• Experience managing a cross-functional project from conception to implementation
• 3 years' experience in eCommerce Fulfillment
• Demonstrated ability to optimize and implement technology to support eCommerce operations including third party platforms.
• 3 years’ experience in retail distribution with an emphasis on a performance-based culture
• 3 years’ experience in facility layout and project/capital justification
• 3 years proven experience managing multiple and competing priorities.
Valid through: 12/4/2020