The Supply Chain Operations organization is seeking a Communications and Engagement lead who will manage all L1 Internal and Executive communications. This role requires someone with high energy, creativity, growth mindset, a bias for action and passion for the employee experience; thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, thinks and plans end-to-end, and easily partners with a wide group of stakeholders from senior leaders to individual contributors and support staff. The Communications and Engagement lead will report to the Chief of Staff and will provide direct, exec communications support for HP's Chief Supply Chain Officer, in addition to helping develop and execute the SC Operations Communication/Engagement strategy.
- Supporting the Chief Supply Officer in successfully preparing best-in-class executive presentations, speeches/scripts, documents and events (L1/CEO and other internal and external stakeholders); this will involve key messaging definition, storyboarding, communicating needs/gathering information, and organizing it in a compelling way
- Delivering SC Operations internal communications and engagement strategy, planning and calendar of activities, to drive increased levels of employee engagement
- Planning, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communication channels for communicating with managers and people internally, ensuring the alignment of internal and external messages and communications
- Planning and organizing regular events which encourage two-way dialogue between the Chief Supply Chain Officer and SC Operations Employees, as well as colleagues in different teams to encourage knowledge sharing
- Analyzing results of employee engagement surveys and other engagement initiatives, using outcomes to help drive organizational improvement and improve SC Operations Engagement overall
- Identifying other external speaking opportunities, providing counsel/guidance on additional external speaking opportunities
- Building and promoting the SC Operations Brand
- Constantly scanning the environment to identify new stories, keeping a pulse of what's relevant to share in both internal and executive communications...this includes establishing and maintaining a network with SC Operations and the HP Communicators
- Mapping out a measurement framework to objectively assess communications impact
Education and Experience Required:
- 5 - 8 years in internal and/or exec communications, marketing communications, public relations, or related field
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing or relevant field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery in writing and editing for different vehicles is critical (e.g., executive presentations, email)
- Previous experience of internal communications, preferably in a medium or large-sized organization undergoing change
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to influence and handle sensitive situations, maintaining confidentiality, where necessary
- Excellent listening skills
- Storytelling and ability to communicate efficiently - able to translate complex strategies, initiatives, or messages into easy-to-understand cutting-edge presentations with the ability to present to Senior Executives (L1)
- Experience leading employee engagement programs
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload effectively but also to be flexible and adapt/respond to emerging issues, short deadlines and other demands or challenges
- Ability to build trust and interact with execs with confidence, proactively driving outcomes and providing insightful counsel
- Video production and editing skills
- Collaborative - create a culture of teamwork and partnership
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work with limited guidance, delivering results with good judgment in a fast-paced environment
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!