The SBU Quality and Operations Manager is responsible for leading the Quality and Operational efforts of Rain Bird’s Landscape Drip Business Unit with a focus on quality to our customers. The successful candidate will have a strategic orientation, will serve as a business partner to the Director and will be an integral component of the Landscape Drip team. This position will also interact with many other divisions and teams and offers the potential to have a significant impact on the business.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement strategic plans to improve quality.
- Ensure that our products and services exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Working with Rain Bird’s global manufacturing facilities, ensure that SBU driven quality and operational expectations are clearly communicated and managed.
- Develop processes, systems and measurements by which customer quality and service requirements are identified and improved.
- Lead the SBU’s Quality Council and spearhead efforts to drive improvement throughout the organization.
- Working with Engineering and marketing, coordinate and recommend product performance and quality specifications for the Divisions’ products.
- Working directly with customers, as required, to assess or review field identified quality issues.
- Undergraduate degree in a quality related or technical discipline.
- Five or more years of experience working in or managing a business with a strong quality orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong strategic perspective, an analytical approach to decision making, a process orientation and good coaching skills.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to promote results from people for which there is no direct reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- General management, operations, and customer communication experience.
- Knowledge of quality standards, processes and related disciplines and techniques such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean, FMEA and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Technical and/or high volume manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge/experience with the agriculture and/or turf irrigation industry, products and their applications.
- Knowledge of database design and management.